Best Fastpitch Softball Bats
Fastpitch Softball is one of the most loved games in the world, especially in the United States. Although males sometimes engage in Fastpitch softball, usually young females from 5 years and above play this. One of the main things you will need to play or train in Fastpitch Softball is a bat and not just any bat.
Fastpitch softball bats’ barrel diameter measures 2¼ inches, while they have a length-weight ratio of between -8 and -13. Most softball leagues, however, specify rules and regulations for the fastpitch softball bats, so it is important to verify these rules and regulations before purchasing your fastpitch softball bat.
Quick Look at Our Top Picks:
|View Best Price|
|View Best Price|
|View Best Price|
|View Best Price|
|View Best Price|
Best Rated Fastpitch Softball Bats Reviewed
Fastpitch softball is one beautiful sport that is gradually gaining recognition globally. Whatever your level of professionalism is in this game, you need the right gear to play it. Therefore, having the best fastpitch softball bat will give you a better result and make you enjoy the game. However, due to the numerous bats to pick from, choosing the best bat can be quite difficult. So, we have simplified your search process by picking out some of the best fastpitch softball bats on sale.
Key Considerations When Choosing the Best Fastpitch Softball Bat
Considering the fact that a lot of companies are manufacturing different types of Fastpitch softball bats, you will have a lot of bats to choose from. To make your shopping easier, we have put together some of the major factors to take into consideration when shopping for the best Fastpitch softball bat.
The kind of fastpitch softball bat you choose will depend on your preference, style of playing and the rules and regulations of the League you are to play in. More importantly, the bat should compliment your playing style in every way that counts. Here are some of the things every good batter should have in mind when shopping for the Best Fastpitch Softball Bat.
- Type of Fastpitch Softball Bat: There are two main types of fastpitch softball bats, these are the one-piece and the two-piece bats. People use both when playing Fastpitch softball because they both have advantages. Your choice will, therefore, depend on what you require from your bat – minimum flex or maximum trampoline effect.
- One-piece Bats: These bats mold in such a way that the barrel and handle of the bat are joined as one structural body. In simple terms, every component of that bat, the hand and the barrel, is in one piece. Moreover, this bat best suits batters who need their flex to be at a minimum.
- Two-piece Bats: These bats comprise of two separate parts, that is, the barrel and the handle are separate. In some cases, the handle may not be of the same material as the barrel. Also, this bat best suits batters who need their bat to give them maximum trampoline outcome.
- The material of the Fastpitch Softball Bat: It is important to know what material your bat is made of. This helps to enable you to determine its weight, durability, and performance.
- Composite Fastpitch Softball Bats: These bats are from fiber, fiberglass, and graphite. They are more durable than other types of fastpitch softball bats. These bats give the batter a larger sweet-spot and reduce the vibration in their hands. However, despite their popularity, most leagues do not permit the use of composite softball bats.
- Alloy Fastpitch Softball Bats: These bats are from mostly aluminum with other metals. Because of their composition, these bats tend to be lighter, more stylish, durable and more affordable.
- Hybrid Fastpitch Softball Bats: These bats fall under the two-piece category and feature bats that have a composite handle.
- League Fastpitch Softball Bat Rules: There are many leagues that sanction Fastpitch Softball. Some of them are the ASA, ISA, and NSA. However, ASA, which stands for the Amateur Softball Association, has the strictest ball speed policies. Therefore, if your bat has an ASA certification stamp, it will be approved by other leagues. Overall, every league has its set of requirements, of course, so a good batter needs to know most of the requirements of each league.
- Length of the Fastpitch Softball Bat: The length of your Fastpitch softball bat depends on the player. Some players are more comfortable with shorter bats, while others prefer longer bats. Some people choose the bat length based on the batter’s age, but the best way to get the best fastpitch softball bat is by holding it using the stance you love to take when batting. Moreover, the wrong bat will not seem well balanced in your hands and will also be quite stressful to swing. More so, you will not be able to get the perfect pitch. On the other hand, the perfect fastpitch softball bat for you will feel right in your hands and also keep you well-balanced.
- The weight of the Fastpitch Softball Bat: The weight of the bat will also depend on the batter. A heavy bat will have the tendency to stress you out when you swing, while a bat that is too light will not give you the right balance and expected pitch.
- A drop of the Fastpitch Softball Bat: The drop weight of your fastpitch softball bat is its length (inches) to weight (ounces) ratio. You figure this out by subtracting bat’s length from its weight, and the result should give you a negative number (Drop weight). You should know the drop for your league so you will not buy a wrong bat. The rules of ASA dictate that your bat should have a drop of between 8 and 12.
- Price of the Fastpitch Softball Bat: The price of each fastpitch softball bat depends on the company that manufactures it. High-rated companies usually manufacture expensive bats. Moreover, note that quality and price do not necessarily go together. Also, be sure to put your budget into consideration so that you will not buy a bat that will stretch your budget.
Common Mistakes To Avoid When Choosing the Best Fastpitch Softball Bat
Choosing the best Fastpitch Softball Bat may not be as easy as it may seem. A lot of people make mistakes that cost them a lot of money and time – especially if there is no warranty on your bat.
- Your Choice of Bat Should Not Be Based On Its Color: The color of your Fastpitch softball bat has nothing to do with its performance, durability or production. Some Fastpitch Softball players would love their bats to match the color of your uniform. While this would be lovely, it is very wrong and can mislead you to buy a model that will be wrong for you. Moreover, some manufacturers compromise quality for beauty, giving you a beautiful but inferior-quality bat. Never make the mistake of trading bat quality for beauty.
- Your Choice of Bat Should Not Be Based On Your Teammates’ Preference: It is important to choose a bat that matches your skills and preference and not your team’s or teammates’. One thing to keep in mind is that in the batter box, it’s just going to be you and your bat. So, ensure that you try out different bat models until you find one that suits you perfectly. Moreover, different people have different needs, so the perfect fastpitch softball bat for your teammate may not be the perfect one for you.
- Your Choice of Bat Should Not Be Too Heavy: The weight of the bat should also be put into consideration. Do not buy a bat that is heavy because the weight will slow you down, and stress you out. Also, in the case of younger players, they may not even be able to properly lift the bat off the grass. Lightweight bats help to increase swing speed and pop off. To enjoy an excellent performance at the plate, make sure your Fastpitch softball bat is lightweight.
- Do Not Buy a Bat without Ample Information: Choosing a bat on a whim without adequately researching it could be a very terrible mistake. You could get information by talking to experienced Fastpitch Softball players about their opinion. Moreover, you can also get reliable reviews and ask a lot of questions before finally settling on a bat to buy.
In summary, fastpitch softball bats are necessary for both power hitters and players. The best fastpitch softball bats should boost the batter’s confidence on the plate, especially if she is a new player. These bats should also be lightweight and easy to swing, have innovative technologies and large soft spots, give excellent performance, great feel, powerful hits, and mad props.
Additionally, people in need of lightweight usually choose fastpitch softball bats of composite materials. Since several leagues specify the ratio of length-to-weight they require, it is important to find out the specific softball requirement.